Most of the material contained in the files reached from the Branscombe Parish
page has been culled from published work by other authors. To preserve the flow
of the narrative, I have not sourced and credited every piece of information
as it occurs. However, when I've used large chunks of someone else's work, I've
tried to indicate it, at the time. This bibliography cites all my main sources,
and so serves as a list of acknowledgements as well.
- Branscombe, Ronald & Lambert, Angela (illustrator), A Guide to the
Church of Saint Winifred, Branscombe, Branscombe Parochial Parish Council,
Devonshire Press Limited, Torquay, 1996.
- Butters, Reverend F.C., Branscombe, the Parish and the Church, E.R.D.
Publications, Exmouth, reprint 1991 (first published 1949).
- Cady, Michael (Ed.), AA/Ordnance Survey Leisure Guide to Devon and Exmoor,
AA/Ordnance Survey, 1988. ISBN: 0-86145-6653.
- Chick, Elijah, A Short Sketch of the History of the Parish and Church
of Branscombe, Devon, 1906.
- Fox, Rev. J. Charles, The Church of Branscombe, in The Reliquary
and Illustrated Archaeologist, January 1909, Bemrose and Sons, London.
- Hoskins, W.G., Devon, 1992 (first published 1954), Devon Books, Tiverton.
- King, Reverend Arthur Steele, Branscombe, its Church and Parish,
fifth edition, Beverley, 1930.
- Lysons, Reverend Daniel and Samuel, Magna Britannia, Thomas Cadell,
- Page, William (Ed.), A History of Devonshire - The Victoria History of
the Counties of England, Dawson, for the University of London Institute
of Historical Research, Archibald, Constable and Co., 1906, reprinted Folkestone,
1975. ISBN: 0-7129-06711
- Pengelly, W., The Signs of the Hotels, Taverns, Inns, Wine-and-Spirit
Vaults and Beershops in Devonshire, in Transactions of the Devonshire
Association for the Advancement of Science, Literature and Art, 1872.
- Polwhele, Richard, The History of Devonshire, 1797, reproduced by
Kohler and Coombes, Dorking, 1977.
- Prideaux, Edith K., Branscombe Church, Devon, in Devon and Cornwall
Notes and Queries, Vol 7 (1912-1913), James G. Commin, Exeter. 1913.
- Sidmouth Museum, Sidmouth: A History, 1987. ISBN: 0-9512704-0-0
- Thompson, W. Harding, Devon - A Survey of its Coast, Moors and Rivers
with some suggestions for their Preservation, Council for the Preservation
of Rural England (Devon Branch), University of London Press, London, 1932.
- Tomlinson, Margaret, Three Generations in the Honiton Lace Trade,
Sovereign Printing, Sidmouth, 1983. ISBN: 0-9508574-0-8